7.16.2009

Back to the Future

"It is as sure as you are Roderigo,
Were I the Moor, I would not be Iago.
In following him, I follow but myself;
Heaven is my judge, not I for love and duty,
But seeming so, for my peculiar end;
For when my outward action doth demonstrate
The native act and figure of my heart
In complement extern, 'tis not long after
But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at. I am not what I am."
Othello [I,i, 56-55]

So I was going through an old notebook the other day, and I came across a certain link to an old page on which I used to occasionally write (emphasis on occasionally).

http://users.livejournal.com/__knuttel__/

It's kind of bizarre looking into you past self like that. The grandiose vision is there, but there is a remarkable amount of naivite and generalization that I since believe myself to have shed. Some of the issues still connect to me. Others have since long been gone.

Most remarkable is now seeing this as some sort of meta-satire, now knowing what livejournal has since become (well, it was that too then I guess) given how devoted I actually was to it (not so much).

Equally low readerships plague both of these. The livejournal had about 5 readers maybe, all of which i could probably name, except this one hippie chick that used to facebook stalk me, forget her name. whatevs.

regardless, it's an interesting read, well the stuff that actually is content.

-- Knuttel

No comments: