11.11.2009

The first ever Knuttel poll?

Back from Chicago, back from the dead, etc


So I was looking up more awesome Helmet videos, when I realized that there were two songs with the same title that were released very close to each other.

In The Meantime -- by Helmet, and Spacehog

I could do a breakdown, but that would probably show too much favor to one song, and let's keep this even, why not.

Helmet -- In the Meantime



Spacehog -- In the Meantime



comments section i guess, let's see if i can get participation from more than just 2 or so people, probably not, but it will be interesting

-- Knuttel

4 comments:

LickMyLovePump said...

I'm gonna side with the latter choice. It has nostalgia on its side, which is a powerful ally. Also, the sound on the Helmet one blows. I'm sure its youtube's fault, but still. Between the two, presented as they are, I choose the second.

Also, there is a Rickenbacker bass in the 2nd one. I think thats all that needs to be said. (though it sure sounds weak for a Ric...whatever.)

The Knuttel said...

yeah. it's a pretty awful sound mix on the helmet one. and yeah, that rick is pretty toned down, sounds like any other bass, but i guess when the rick you're used to hearing is lemmy, well ...

Danny Trejo said...

Hmmmmm. One of them is loud and in your face. One of them is puss-rock. I'm siding with Helmet.

Bundo said...

Is there really a choice here? That Helmet song had shitty sound quality and still managed to rule, while the space hog song had perfectly fine sound and still managed to suck.