9.02.2008

So you want to be a maverick, John McCain?

So you want to be a maverick?

I remember there was one day when you were. There was a day when you reached across the aisles, when you stood against your party. There was a day when you were an independent, who happened to run as a Republican.

Those days are over.

John McCain, the year is not 2000, and you are no longer a maverick. In order to win this primary, instead of losing such as in 2008, you proved to your own party that you were a Republican through and through.

While some look to the Democrats to forget the past 8 years (I don't, the democratic congress of the past 2 years is a joke) practically no one is looking to the Republicans.

That's really why I don't understand it, and why I do understand why he wants that image back.

The thing about image though, is you have no control of how people perceive you. You can change your appearance, change this and that, try and lead them to a certain perception; but ultimately it is up to the eye to behold.

Try, McCain, try. In all honesty, I don't think it will work.

I'm not sure John McCain could ever again be a maverick.

No comments: