10.11.2008

The worm has turned

Politics as usual?

This is one of the first things I approve of in the John McCain Campaign since he won the primaries.

He is noticing what he is doing. His quest to become the maverick President has become his quest to become the Republican President. I suppose it's sad that he only realizes this now, but better late than never, I suppose. Still not going to vote for him.

The country needs unity right now, and such a harsh criticism of a man based on absurd things can only wreak havoc.

The wheels are coming off. While I don't really believe he has had control of his campaign since probably January, I really don't believe he has control of it now. Yeah, I know McCain can be a bit aggressive, and a bit of a curmudgeon, but he never stooped to such a low blow. The enemy was never domestic, and it never should be. That isn't to say there aren't domestic enemies, it's just to say that perhaps we shouldn't create them.

Honestly, the respectful thing for him to do is for both him and Palin to drop out. I don't see it happening.

Thank God I lost all my idealism in 2004, otherwise I'd feel real let down about now, regardless of the November victor.

Perhaps I should continue to foment my Absurdist political views.
--The purest form of Democracy is revolution.


I'll just leave it at that for now.

--Knuttel

No comments: