1.30.2011

Knuttel Makes Beer, phase I

Above is the completed first phase of my first attempt at making beer.

Someone had given me a beer making kit, and I decided for some reason that it just didn't go far enough, so I improvised a second device to make more beer (take a wild guess which one it is).

I realize my equipment is far from professional, but fuck measuring.

Anyways, this first day was mostly cleaning and preparing -- boiling the wort, adding yeast, etc.  There really isn't anything special about these two (yet), so there really isn't anything to write, it's mostly stuff from that first beer making kit.

If these two batches turn out as planned, then I shall move on and begin making "real" beer, using like real grains and hops and shit, I hear theres a homebrew store in like Southhampton that should have the stuff I need (maybe even a real funnel!), and if not, I think there's one in Princeton.

Anyways, these lovelies will sit for like a week and a half to two weeks, and then I shall move ahead with the process, and more fully describe the knuttel-ness that is knuttel-brau.

-- Knuttel

No comments: