2.01.2011

Knuttel Makes Beer: maintenence day 1



Ok, well the beer is definitely fermenting in the one "cask", didn't really get a good look at the other, but I assume it's all going swimmingly.

As the photos show I replaced the tissue filter with one made of fabric.  I realize this is still far from ideal, but at the very least it is far more waterproof.

The fabric comes from leftover material from my trip to the rally to restore sanity and/or fear, therefore this batch will be called "Dr. Stephen T. Colbert's Skittlebrau, Presented by Prescott Pharmaceuticals."

Other than that, I played my beer some music today -- a jazz compilation I put together for a trip to Chicago I think.  It includes some Mingus, Eric Dolphy, Herbie Hancock, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, and Charlie Parker/Dizzy Gillespie, possibly among others, but I think that's it -- you know, the basics.  Let me put it this way, beer is a living thing, what with the yeast and all.  You gotta nurture it.

-- Knuttel

No comments: