3.31.2011

Death to Monsanto

Group Challenges Monsanto's Patent on Genetically Modified Seeds - Slashfood


I hope it holds this time.  I do have to give them credit for basing a business model on how slutty plants are, but how it was ever legal is beyond me.  Not to mention Monsanto represents scientific hubris at its worst.  Like the injunction claims -- growing efficiency is down, microbes are catching up to the changes faster than the scientists are, and more money is being spent on fertilizers than before.  Not to mention I doubt anyone ever thought it was healthy to eat vegetables that have been soaked in herbicide (of course being genetically engineered to be immune to Monsanto's own roundup), sure the plants survive, but what are the long term implications for people?  Assuming we've only been doing this since they claimed their patent in 1982, that's just under 30 years of this.

Like I said in the previous post -- corporation vs individual.

-- Knuttel

No comments: