3.20.2010

Madness, THIS IS MARCH! : Part 2, first round done



So the first round is done. I have crossed out all losers, wherever they may lie in the bracket.

As you can see, I'm really not in terrible shape.

I have lost half of my elite 8, yet only one final four. Even better, I have only lost 6 of my sweet 16.

In addition, I picked one of the biggest upsets of the tournament so far -- Murray State over Vanderbilt. However, I also got screwed over by another huge upset that I didn't pick -- Ohio over Georgetown.

So really, this bracket is turning out as planned. It's gonna take some hits early on, simply because most lower seeds don't have what it takes to play against upper seeds (I had only 5 of the top 8 seeds advancing; all 8 top seeds advanced). I think the heart of this theory lies once the weaker teams are weeded out. That's when the true coin flip happens.

Therefore, I will conduct another round of coin flipping after the second round is done, and possibly another for the semis/final.

-- Knuttel

by request I'll do a thingy on the upcoming Champions League Quarterfinals. God, I haven't written about soccer in almost a year.

No comments: