2.10.2011

Let's Hope They Don't Jinx It

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2011-02-09-editorial09_ST_N.htm

So I'm guessing this means that Keynesian economics actually work, and it takes a while for stimulus related things to take effect?

I realize the great depression was, well, great, and much larger than this recession we had/are having, but it took an extremely long time to get out of that, and there was little improvement of any kind until well into any of the FDR administrations.  Some say it didn't fully recover until the war.

It's like brewing beer.  I'm hella anxious right now to drink my beer, but I know if I open up one of those bottles it will probably be like shit.  You have to give this stuff time to work.

Captain Sisco on Deep Space Nine once made a comment about letting a soufflĂ© bake undisturbed.  Opening the oven (stopping stimulus) to see whether or not it's working would just result in a deflated soufflĂ©.  You have to wait and trust it is going to work, and either it will or it won't, but there isn't much you can do about it either way.

-- Knuttel

No comments: